Headed to the gym this morning with my dear friend Amara. Normally I try to incorporate nature in my work outs. Today, however, was frightfully frigid. After a couple hours at the Y I felt rejuvenated; ready to tackle the day. I love this feeling. A natural energy burst that carries throughout my day. Working out with friends is a great way to share this collective experience of life 🙂
Been working on the first collection of memoirs. Becoming Rachel – The Art of Existing. This collection is focused on what exactly makes life worth living; and channels my three year journey out of religion into spiritual consciousness. Looking forward to sharing it with my readers. The amount of encouragement and support I’ve received during my writing process has been overwhelming. Thank you for being a part of this endeavor.
Currently, I am working on becoming the best version of me yet. Physical fitness is my priority right now along side my writing. My goals include:
- Eating a limited amount of processed foods. Replacing with raw fruits and veggies, healthy grains and nuts.
- Drinking water and tea mostly; occasional black coffee.
- Developing physical strength and endurance through yoga.
- Overcoming my asthma by learning to control my breathing during workouts and pacing.
- Run a 5K this spring, a 1/2 marathon this summer & a full marathon by the end of the year.
- A Summer full of: camping, canoeing, running, hiking & swimming 🙂
What are your fitness goals for 2013? What habits would you like to develop &/or rid yourself of? Share your vision below!